View Single Post
Old 21 Sep 2018, 05:17 PM   #15
edu

I checked my domains and they had the same problem with www (needing to add an exception to the ssl certificate or not working).
I had to create a "new website" adding in the first box www. and in the second box my domain and it works! This should be automatic but it's not, so we need to create 2 websites to every domain: one only with the domain and the second with www.
I hope it helps you too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yositimy View Post
No I have the right kind of domain. For example, lets say we are talking about the personal domain abcde.com and the "abcde.com" domain registrar is not fastmail. Fastmail is the host for abcde.com and obtained the certificate from lets encrypt, so it passed all those tests. I have fastmail domains also, but the control panel won't let you secure them.

If someone types into the browser "abcde.com" its seamless

If someone types in "www.abcde.com" with a current browser, they get an error until they trust the site and modify their trust settings. With some older browsers, the user won't get an error.

The padlock shows up regardless.

My other certificates for domains hosted elsewhere would have both "abcde.com". and "www.abcde.com" listed in the certificates. So it doesn't seem to matter if they type in www or not or if off site "redirect" pages have www in the link address or not.

I think that may be the issue.
edu is offline   Reply With Quote