View Single Post
Old 20 Jan 2022, 11:34 PM   #1
aoeuaoeu

Sieve code for flagging all sent mail from a particular sending identity?

Hello. Would you kind readers please give advice?

I have a particular sending identity. For this sending identity I want to automate two things: (a) the filing of sent mail; and (b) the flagging of sent mail. Fastmail 'sending identities' interface allows for specifying a 'sent mail' folder. But what about instructions for flagging?

I'm familiar with Sieve but not with the ordered arrangement of several different blocks that Fastmail now requires.

I go to Settings > Filters & Rules > Edit custom Sieve code. I see the non-editable '1. Sieve generated for save-on SMTP identities' section. Just underneath, I see the user-editable '(Insert Sieve code here)' block... Then I see the non-editable '4. User configured rules' block. And just underneath I see the second user-editable block, which is where I copy/paste my big Sieve script.

In which of those two user-editable blocks (the first one, which I don't currently use? Or the second one, which I do currently use?) can I add-in an `addflag ["\\Flagged"]` directive so that all mails sent from a particular identity get flagged at the time of sending?

Thanks in advance!
aoeuaoeu is offline   Reply With Quote