View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2005, 07:27 PM   #1
trew
Cornerstone of the Community

What happened to the Mechanical Watches?

Do you remember when you where very young and you went into a WatchMaker's Shop and listened to the big old Clocks and small arms Watches TicTocing their way.
A Universe of independent timekeeping. Everyone unique in sound and now we have these Digital wathches that are totally soundless.

Wild guess from me.

Our base Pulse is some 60 beats per minute when very calm or so and 120 beats is our pulse for Excitement?
So the watches going synk with these too states of mind had Attachment feelings about them.

I longed soo for an old mechanical Watch that I even entered such an old shop. wow no meachanical there, only Quarts mimicking the old ones and using a battery to wind it's way to future.

And then on holiday I looked into a container of dumped things and saw a womans watch there and me happy as a kid searching for the Gem at Beach in the form of rounded stones I lay my hands on it and it even was a working unit.

It even show time approximately on 30 seconds a day or so. Me frantically for some month trying to "ruck" it to be within some 10 or 5 seconds had to give it up. 3o seconds is managable for owning the last mechanical clock so I keep it as jewel around my neck. To show the world I am a rich man owning a True Gem.

trew
trew is offline   Reply With Quote