View Single Post
Old 25 Oct 2018, 07:42 AM   #6
TenFour
Master of the @

Personally, I have found that sticking to one or another ecosystem proves to be more functional in the long run. For me that has become Google, without the G Suite, which I tried and found to be too cumbersome for my tiny (just me) business. However, I can send my domain email via regular Gmail for free, and I have found it to be extremely reliable. I even moved my main domain to Google Domains since I have experienced some reliability issues occasionally with other providers. For a small business or even just a sole proprietor like me the sharing via Google Docs is a huge productivity enhancer. I have worked simultaneously with someone else on the same document when in a hurry and we both could watch what the other was doing, communicate via the chat about it, and have a finished product in a fraction of the time. Plus, Gmail's spam, phishing, and malware filters are the best in the business, meaning I have very little worries in that regard without having to mind filters or monitor anything--it just works nearly perfectly. I find labels extremely useful and easy. It is also great to have instant syncing between my phone and any PC I need to log into, including all my contacts, Keep notes, photos, and of course everything in Drive. It would be hard to give up all that. In the recent past I worked a lot on the road and I could carry in a shoulder bag everything I needed and have no worries about files, photos, contacts, syncing, etc., etc. In the worst case scenario of losing my phone or laptop to theft or destruction I could pop into any store, purchase a new one, and have full business functionality up and running within no time.

In any case, to each his own, but my main point is that having all the different components mesh perfectly makes a huge difference every day.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote