View Single Post
Old 17 Jan 2017, 04:42 PM   #6
Quilleron

How about a class action for breach of contract

Anyone interested in bringing a class action against Fastmail for breach of contract.

A lifetime subscription is exactly what it says (a subscription for the duration of the life of an individual) and for Fastmail to unilaterally withdraw that service is a breach of contract.

The fact that they have not been available for some time and that they were introduced "at a critical time in Fastmail's development, when they needed serious funding" is completely irrelevant.

Fastmail needed the money and should honour those who stepped in to help them out at that time by buying those lifetime subscriptons.

I thought I'd spotted a bargain and was prepared to take the risk that the company would not disappear completely (the only circumstances in which ending these subscriptions would be inevitable) and bought accounts for my children fully expecting them to last a lifetime.

Each got a neat e-mail address which is in use and will be lost if they fail to pay for a new service.

Perhaps the least Fastmail could do is to offer a free and user-configurable forwarding service for those who don't want to pay to stay.
Quilleron is offline   Reply With Quote