View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2017, 08:20 AM   #36
rmns2bseen
Master of the @

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach View Post
People post political views in emails? That's news to me! I thought email was being used less and less for friendly conversation, with Facebook & WhatsApp taking over. I prefer emails over any other method of communication (I like snail mail too) but pretty much everyone I know thinks I'm strange for not having moved onto more modern social media platforms.
Well I do wonder if email is becoming more and more passé. I used to frequent this forum a lot and remember all the debates about Squirrelmail vs IMP vs RoundCube vs whatever, Thunderbird vs Outlook Express vs Mulberry vs The Bat, and oooh I just HAVE to have my own domain . This forum crossed my mind though and had to check out what was happening here, and the paucity of topics would seem to indicate that indeed email ain't what it used to be. I just use Gmail and an old msn.com.address. Those two are still here after all these years, and I haven't felt that my privacy has been any more compromised by using those as opposed to some smaller service in Germany or Russia or wherever.
(Edit) It's good to see FastMail is still at it though

Last edited by rmns2bseen : 3 Sep 2017 at 08:37 AM.
rmns2bseen is offline   Reply With Quote