View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2004, 05:19 AM   #26

Just another update.

The handle updates did me no good at all. Registryweb is still in control of those emails and rejected my transfer.

After many more emails to registryweb, they magically had a new option on their webpage to allow a handle change and another option to open a "transfer window" much like joker.com. They claim they have been there for over a year but they never mentioned it to me with all the problems I've been having and I never noticed it on the changes page before.

The only catch to this is that they charge $25 for this service. They claim they are charged this amount for cancelling the contract of my domain but I don't think so. I emailed a couple other registrars and they say there is no such charge.

While this was going on, I finally was getting consistent emails back from an individual at joker.com. He said if I couldn't get registryweb to cooperate, that I could get the email changed at their site by faxing them some PDF files I could create from their site in the service zone area.

I did this and once joker.com sent an email to the admin and owner handles (required so the owner/admin may reject but if no reply, the change goes through), registryweb immediatly sent and email back to them rejecting the change. They sent the messages to the domain.com@admin-handle.com which of course I never saw.

So now I was back to having to pay $25 to open a transfer window. I explained my situation to the fellow at joker.com and he quickly updated the domains in question for me so I could administer them directly at joker.com and remove registryweb.com from the picture!

I think I finally have control to my domains back!

Just to be sure, I'm transferring them to GoDaddy.com now. I am further along in the transfer process to GoDaddy.com then I ever have before. I will feel safer knowing the are at a US company that also has a phone number to talk to a live human being.

So basiclly, I think joker.com may be a good company but TOTALLY avoid registryweb and get away from them! Don't pay their stupid $25 fee to transfer away, just get the attention of joker.com. You may have to fax them some owner or email change documents, but if you get the right person there, they should be able to update the email address on your domain and give you back control.

I'll report back when my domains are officially over at GoDaddy.com but wanted to post an update for anyone that may need this in the future.

Jeff