View Single Post
Old 1 Jun 2023, 01:48 AM   #1
MetaVapour

Post Seeking the name of an old email application

First of all, I just found this forum and I am delighted that this forum and community is here and active. Secondly, in my hunt of a specific email client, I am sure someone here could help. Hopefully this is suitable for this board. I originally posted this request to the Reddit TOMT, but the information is below.

I am trying to remember a specific email client. I am sure someone will know this immediately but it's escaping me. It may have been a CD-ROM, webmail, or a downloaded application. I'm unclear on this. The purpose of it was to create highly visual emails. This included features, which at the time as a child, I found mind-blowing.

Things I think I remember, but may be Mandela Effect, so take with a pinch of salt:

- I believe the branding of the application was predominantly orange.

- There was the ability to create email templates with borders, images, animations, and even sound.

- The name may have been formatted "<blank> Mail", e.g., Super Mail or Turbo Mail.

- There may have been a mascot, which was purple in colour, but I may be confusing this with Bonzi Buddy. I checked to see if Bonzi Buddy has a webmail client but couldn't find one.

- I am UK based.

- I believe at the time my internet provider was NTL.

- It may be an application from the 90s, but was very likely being used late 90s or early 00s.

- The computer was a Windows PC.
MetaVapour is offline   Reply With Quote