View Single Post
Old 14 Apr 2015, 06:46 PM   #13
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgg View Post
Yeah, this doesn't really work because she doesn't want a copy of every single email I write -- only the ones that she was initially cc'd on, and that I then reply-all to.

I'm going to see if there's a sieve solution - maybe I can insert an "X-ccd-susan" header into incoming mail that I then check for when I reply... or something.

It is frustrating that it just strips the cc'd name if it is part of any personality.
As Bill says, you cannot modify the headers within sieve.

Have you considered having two personalities for each of Matt and Susan, one with a BCC (used when you want the other to see the replies) and one without. This is not ideal, but may be workable.

Another (truly ugly) option that might do what you want does use sieve. On receipt, you could do a body test on susan@yourdomain.com. If matched, do a redirect copy to susan. This may be effective because replies tend to have the original email, with its recipients, in the body of the message. I do not think this will lead to duplicate messages as the message number will still be the same on the redirect. Let me know if you need details on how to implement this.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote