View Single Post
Old 13 Oct 2023, 01:46 PM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

I'm not sure about your specific example, but I have erratic difficulty when I'm logged into my Fastmail account on different devices and using different access methods. For instance, I might be logged in on my PC to the production Fastmail interface, on my iPad using a browser to the beta Fastmail interface, and on that same iPad to the Fastmail app (production or beta interface). At some times I can make a change to a note or calendar entry on one device and it changes quickly on the others. But at other times it takes a long time (over 10 minutes) for the changes to propagate. Email always seems to rapidly synchronize. Refreshing the browser, closing the app or browser window, etc. does not seem to reliably resolve this issue. Sometimes the Fastmail app and Fastmail browser web interface on the same iPad are not synchronized.

I plan to do more to document this issue and file a Fastmail support request. Because it's not consistent it's hard to find a way to reliably duplicate the issue. This might be related to your issue, but I'm not sure.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote