View Single Post
Old 3 Feb 2021, 12:34 AM   #10
BrianE222

My home computer is a laptop (it is able to receive emails at home). Our work computers are desktop machines. I did bring my laptop to work and it then also could not send or receive. Brought it back home and it worked fine. I took my desktop home and it was able to retrieve emails. Brought it back to work and it would not send/receive.

I use McAfee which controls Windows Firewall. I've turned off the McAffe firewall and still no luck. I have no other security software (that I know of). I've gone through our router (Linksys) to make sure there is no explicit blocking of Outlook to the ports Outlook uses.

I should have mentioned this sooner: About a week before Outlook couldn't send/receive at work we went through a 3 day or so period where emails were taking a long time to get. For instance, usually I could send an email from my phone to my desktop and it would take seconds. During the slowdown it would take hours. The 3rd party vendor that manages our email server said they discovered that their server was getting clobbered with login attempts. They fixed that problem. I'm wondering if their fix has caused our current problem. Now I'm thinking maybe mail.cordem.com has been "blacklisted" by our work ISP.
BrianE222 is offline   Reply With Quote