View Single Post
Old 1 Oct 2005, 12:28 PM   #54
drkotsius

Quote:
Originally posted by carverrn
Runbox has very limited resources (e.g. only a few staff people) so they can't afford to spread these already strapped resources over servicing the demands of several markets.

This move is a business decision that I think makes sense given their current resources. Runbox's only source of revenue (that I know of) is their email service. So resources (time and money for support and development) would be better spent on fewer high-end users than more low-end users.
Please allow me the thought that the main point (made in the first paragraph) does not necessarily follow from the arguments put forward. Indeed, critical resources are better spent on well-paying users (high-end or not, that's another matter). Yet not all resources are equally scarce, and there is therefore scope for market segmentation with variable levels of service. Support for Runbox-lite users could, for instance, be provided exclusively through this forum.

And yes, let as also consider the possibility of Runbox people making erroneous business decisions. Or even of hiding their real future plans...