View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2017, 12:22 AM   #15
ccl1
Essential Contributor

I got some additional info, that explains why it isn't 100% compatible with other sms apps. Basically Allo isn't for SMS, it is a messaging service. They send SMS to your phone, if you don't have Allo... but the primary function isn't to act as something for SMS.

Long story short: there is no way for an SMS app to get those Allo images (those are Allo specific)

(still on the lookout for a hangouts replacement)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gankaku View Post
I think I like Telegram. It's private. I wish I could force all my family on it. We never say anything other than personal goofy family stuff, or honey go pick me up some groceries, but still, it's like a peeping Tom at your freaking life window all the time. It's unnerving.
Honestly, it doesn't bother me. What i mean is privacy isn't a high selling point for me. My life really isn't all that interesting for me to care if something is 'listening' so to speak :P
I'm mainly interested in whether I enjoy using an app, something that I could be comfortable with. I'm very picky about apps. For example I've gone through at least a dozen apps for email... and I still haven't found one that I absolutely *love* all of them are just kind of 'meh'

I've run into the same thing trying to find an app to replace hangouts. All of the apps seem like cookie-cutter in the gui... I'm starting to think maybe there is some generic sms app code/template that they all use.

Last edited by ccl1 : 28 Apr 2017 at 12:30 AM.
ccl1 is offline   Reply With Quote