View Single Post
Old 12 Apr 2017, 04:05 AM   #11
Gankaku

Hi TenFour. Well the problem is, she doesn't have SMS and I don't read my email much anymore. So the thing that filled that gap was Hangouts. She won't get a cellphone, and I won't be checking my email 10 times a day (or even once a day, or well, usually more) to see if she sent me a message. Heck we'll just call each other on the phone if it's important. But Hangouts allowed her to send me a message from her computer and I'd see it on my mobile right then. Immediately. Or, if I'm in a game for example, I can hear the Hangouts notification behind the game.

I did tell her about Telegram and I think she is amenable to loading that to see if it doesn't slow down her machine if it's running all the time.

With the email thing, I understand. But I've gotten so very bad about checking it. (some people on this forum can confirm this!) Sometimes I don't see personal email for a month. Everyone's different and I don't have anything (afaik) coming only to my email that where if I don't see it, the world will explode. So it becomes easy to ignore it right now in my life.
Gankaku is offline   Reply With Quote