View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2019, 03:30 AM   #3
TenFour
Master of the @

Do RoadRunner addresses still work at all? My father had one and was told it was being ended a few years back and he had to switch to some other address I seem to remember. This thread on Spectrum might help to explain the situation.

https://forums.timewarnercable.com/t...wc/td-p/156106

Here is a section from the thread:

Quote:
Spectrum provides legacy TWC email as a courtesy feature to those who have been on those accounts for about the last fifteen years. However, Spectrum no longer updates TWC Roadrunner with new security features or updates. Server responses, such as the issues described above with RoadRunner email bounce back are common because of the age of the Road Runner technology.

To provide more reliable email, we would recommend switching to a free web-mail account such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, or Outlook.com. Because webmail is browser-based, get yourself an ad-blocker to get rid of ads. I recommend Ad Block Plus for each web browser, Use only one ad blocker per browser as more than one will conflict.

Webmail such as Gmail, Yahoo Mail, and Outlook.com will be accessible to you anywhere in the word with an Internet connection. You can log in through any PC or mobile device. Webmail will always be up-to-date, and offered to you for the rest of your life. Just log in from time to time to keep your account active. A search for email topics on our forums find that many other users recommend the same thing.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote