View Single Post
Old 6 Dec 2021, 09:40 AM   #22
Grhm
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
That is a neat idea. Have you tried contacting support, explaining your use case and asking if the limit can be relaxed?
Yes. I went into quite a lot of detail about how exactly I use the website function and why I feel the need for more than 100 addresses.

The reply was:

Quote:
Hi Graham,

Thank you very much for your patience on this and for the explanation!

This ticket has actually started off a lot of discussion here at FastMail; we actually have not had anyone hit these limits before. We can't raise limits for individual customers, unfortunately. Raising the limit for all customers may be possible, however it's not possible to raise it too much higher, and if we were to raise it at all, it would unfortunately only delay the inevitable for you, and you would eventually hit those limits as well. There would also be risks for other users using this system for malicious purposes if we were to raise the limit for all users.

The issue is that your use case is not something FastMail was designed for, so it may be preferable to find another service that can better serve these particular needs. A dedicated file sharing service like Dropbox might be a better option for sharing permanent links to files for your contacts. Similarly, it may be better to use a synced bookmarks solution for keeping your bookmarks across multiple devices rather than URL redirects. There are also many other services that would do a better job at URL shortening than us.

We are considering the potential for raising the limits on this, however unfortunately I can't promise anything here, nor can I promise a potential timeline. I am sorry for the difficulty this causes you, however if you would like any assistance in the meantime or have any questions about this, please feel free to update the ticket.
Grhm is offline   Reply With Quote