Thread: Really fed up
View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2002, 06:02 AM   #1
celia

Really fed up

I subscribed to fastmail for several reasons, not the least of which was its ability to operate from Outlook on my computer. Thinking I had found the perfect e-mail system, I sprang for the enhanced version. I shouldn't have been so hasty.

After a couple of tries, I was successful in making my fastmail account the default in Outlook. I even used it successfully several times to send and receive e-mail. Today I tried to send an article I've been working on to my editor. I tried five times. The e-mail simply won't go through. I get an error message about servers, etc.

While it's great to be able to come here and explain the problem I'm having, it would be much, much nicer if I could figure out what the problem was. Since it worked before, I can't help but wonder what in the heck happened to cause this glitch and how often should I expect this to happen? Is it going to take another long formula to fix the problem? (I'm getting quite fed up with the formula thing.)

I'm quickly running out of patience. I've seen several posts telling me that I don't have to be a computer programmer to figure this out. Let me tell you folks, the learning curve on this is ridiculous. I've been a good sport, and tried to learn how to make this thing work. I'm cranky that it's not working and I'm cranky about the amount of time I will have to invest to find out why.

Celia
celia is offline   Reply With Quote