View Single Post
Old 1 May 2010, 11:18 PM   #12
beq
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jam View Post
Any big change will have people coming out of the wood work...

In the early days it was really exciting to discover fastmail and watch the rapid development that was being made. It seemed like everyone had ideas, or bugs to report. Faqs were being written (I did one for pine). Style sheets designed. Staff were very responsive and unlike other places they really seemed to *care*. Jeremy replied to so many messages he developed carpal tunnel syndrome. The members were great too, there was even a fund to donate accounts to people from developing countries who couldn't afford one. This is the only web-based service I've ever spent money on and I don't regret it.

At some point things worked well enough for me that I didn't really have alot to say. Especially since I couldn't afford and didn't really need anything beyond a Member account, since I don't believe in storing alot of mail online. I have checked out the forums occasionally whenever there was a big outage or something new announced that I was curious about. Things have been running pretty smoothly for a while though.

Although we don't know what changes will be made, I would like to thank the staff of Fastmail (Rob, Jeremy, Bron, et al.) for their years of service. Edwin for the forums, and Sherry and all the other moderators for making this a friendly place. Let's hope it continues. Back to lurking.
Wow excellent summary post (and trip down memory lane)

I echo everyone's sentiments here in wanting to thank the FM and EMD crew (even though this is not goodbye, please Edwin don't let this be goodbye to the forum!)...

Last edited by beq : 1 May 2010 at 11:54 PM.
beq is offline   Reply With Quote