View Single Post
Old 25 Aug 2018, 09:37 PM   #1
ArtMG

Website upload feature 'broken' by index.html

Hi,

Within my Files storage allowance, I have created a Website as a target for one of my domains. This is to host a static website, and that much works fine.

I would like to give my website designer the ability to upload new versions directly, instead of me having to deploy them myself. I thought that the Files & Dir with upload feature would be perfect for this, as I can password protect it, giving only my web designer the key. The first time around this was fine, and they could upload all the html, css and image files, until the index.html. As soon as the folder contains a file called index.html the upload feature stops working, and you see the 'website content' instead.

I can still manipulate the files from my of personal Files area when logged onto my email, but my web designer with his password just sees the index.html contents instead of the file uploading tools. I tried making the 'live' site a subfolder of Uploads folder, but as soon as you browse into the folder containing an index.html file, the upload features disappear and you just see the website as published.

Is there perhaps a URL hack that we can do to 'see past' the index.html website page and get back to the file uploads? Does anyone have experience in delegating the upload capability for minor websites?

Thanks
ArtMG is offline   Reply With Quote