View Single Post
Old 29 Nov 2021, 06:08 AM   #8
steenkh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadaso View Post
If I understand the situation correctly,
You have understood it correctly.

Quote:
So the way I think this can be done, is that each reader and the archive (that is a sort of a third reader that is a an email hoarder) have a separate account. M's account will forward all incoming email to W and to A. W's account will forward all incoming email to M and to A. A would receive only mail forwarded from M and from W.
That is a very creative way of doing this, and it seems doable. Thanks a lot for your contribution.

Quote:
I have a simpler way to keep all my email the same across all my devices: I only use webmail...
Oh yes. That has been considered many times, but I have lost an account once because the company that hosted the server believed I was a spammer (a spammer had “kindly” put my address as sender, and the incompetent supporter at the mail hotel could not believe that it is possible to fake a sender, and the fact that the IP address used was not mine did not impress him).

Fortunately, I have always fetched my mail with POP3, so no mails were lost, but I do not trust that nothing untoward will ever happen, so I do not use webmail. Besides, webmail does not solve the M and W issue.
steenkh is offline   Reply With Quote