View Single Post
Old 5 Jul 2016, 06:03 AM   #34
smithmb001

Quote:
Originally Posted by a414 View Post
What problems did you run into with the CalDAV server?
I would challenge you to name a single mainstream email provider that has implemented a calendar solution, even in "beta", that is equivalent to this one. I think the only reason RunBox released CalDAV in this manner is because they felt pressured to do so.

My secondary email provider, a small company in Iceland, probably almost two years old, implemented a calendar solution as part of their beta3 release earlier this year. It is a complete calendar solution. Why not use them? Well, my calendar data now lives on Google and a dedicated third party calendaring solution. When I move my calendar data, it is going to RunBox and that's the final stop.

For the record, I did not sign up for RunBox for 2FA or for a calendar solution. I am getting exactly what I signed up for when I renewed my subscription and have no complaints (very happy!). The coming 2FA and calendar solutions will make RunBox's offerings more complete and it will make it far less likely that I will even consider switching providers.
smithmb001 is offline   Reply With Quote