View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2019, 08:23 PM   #1
TenFour
Master of the @

Best way to back up Gmail account?

I use Gmail, Google Drive, and Google Photos as my main email, file handling, and photo storage solutions, and they work very, very, well. However, being prudent, I like to have backups of everything. Due to my current job/living situation I am unable to maintain local backups of anything on a regular basis so I need to have a cloud-based backup solution. What I am doing now is to utilize another Gmail account to share my email, files, and photos, but that still leaves me entirely dependent on Google services. I would prefer to possibly utilize say an Outlook.com account to mirror my email and files, and possibly the photos if I purchased additional storage. Does anyone do something like this, and does it work well? I have tried to get Outlook.com to import my rather large (5GB) Gmail store, but it doesn't seem to work properly. Most of the Gmail is now in Archive or Sent, as I keep a minimal Inbox with just a few pending items. Outlook.com never seems to import the Archive, no matter what settings I try. How to do this? Or, is there a better cloud-based backup system you use?
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote