View Single Post
Old 6 Oct 2021, 11:04 AM   #27
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll View Post
However, this latest one, in the same way as my old one last experimented with a few days ago, no longer supports the load it, then load a predefined non-wildcard identity, then edit the latter one facility that I wanted to have it for.
I don't recall the kind of restriction they had on sending identities before they added the new verification "obsession" but I just did a few experiments trying to create some wildcard sending identities and only found *@service.letterboxes.org was allowed. Anything else required some kind of server access settings or was a syntax error.

The sending alias *@letterboxes.org is not allowed without server settings also. But I already have one like this (with a verify button that cannot be used - who could I verify with) and it still works. I think this because mine existed before this new verify stuff was added so it's sneaking in through the "back door".

I don't know what limitations were on creating sending identities before this new verify stuff was added. So whatever you had prior to it they are a lot more restrictive (obsessive?) with making sure you can only use verified stuff now. Wildcard identities involving an alias can only be used when it uses the entire alias (e.g., service@letterboxes.org) so those don't need verification.

I was only "probing" you for how you were doing what you said just for my own education of another possible piece of functionality that could maybe be useful to me in the future. What's good about this forum is it can be a great source of tricks others are using.

Last edited by xyzzy : 6 Oct 2021 at 11:54 AM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote