View Single Post
Old 22 Jun 2017, 08:36 PM   #79
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami View Post
Have you personally tried Qaleido?

I find the domainname a bit hard for mouth-to-mouth conversations, I can see typo's occur which results in emails never arriving. That said, I'm curious as Dutch is my mothertongue and servers based in the EU also sounds good.

Some things are a bit unclear to me though:
- how long have they been around? Are they likely survive beyond the near future? (I never heard of them, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything... Not famous doesn't equal unused. It says nothing about their financial stability on the long term and on the number of users they got)
- what is the inactivity limit of this service? It's not really indicated anywhere.
- are logs with date of previous sign-ins available?
yes I have an (free) account with Qaleido since 2010. It looks stabil and webmail interface is eyecandy imho. BUT in how this company will survive the test of time i do not know. I seldomly use it. The domain name indeed is a pain. But its one of the very few (free) domain names out there with .nl ending!

For daily usage i prefer Yandex or mail.ru. Allthough in Germany (or the Netherlands) most people do NOT know these names either...! Everything seems to be gmail,Outlook or t-online or web.de...lol.

Dutchie
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote