View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2024, 12:24 PM   #11
truemagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberSmurf View Post
I cannot comment on what is better.

I was really happy with my Telus (ISP) mail accounts because I could easily create and delete aliases myself. In 2021 Telus changed to GMail. It is different from a free GMail account. I am still allowed 30 aliases, but I have to go through the Telus postmaster if I want to add or delete an alias. I haven't changed my aliases since the migration to GMail.

In 2023 Internic.ca changed their email hosting so that there are no more wild cards, but I am allowed 50 aliases per email account. I can add or delete aliases as I wish. I greatly prefer having aliases over the wildcard option.

I haven't experimented with it much, but I appear to be allowed 10 aliases with my GMX.com email account. This might be the best option for obfuscating addresses that spammers could send to because I can edit both sides of the @ when creating an alias.
My myname@gmx.ca alias is totally different from my real account@gmx.com account. If I were to use another alias on a website, it would take some effort to find my myname@gmx.ca alias.
That's a nice offer from your ISP but what if you changed your ISP, your email account will be gone? Sounds alot tedious than having an account with third party provider eg. GMX is a nice and forgotten one for me (and I just tested, my GMX account was inactive and removed, unfortunately). Didn't know they offer 10 aliases for free 10 years ago
truemagic is offline   Reply With Quote