View Single Post
Old 27 Nov 2023, 05:16 PM   #88
truemagic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpan View Post
from my experience, fastmail is much better than hey.
The only provider I would like to pay is Fastmail.
Yeah I admire FastMail, because of its completeness as a email solution. However I've just discontinued using it some time ago because of a simple fact: it recycles usernames. While I understand the logic behind I can't live with it (that's just me I know) even though I'm hosting my own custom domain. Because sometimes I just need an email address which is not from my domain, and I cannot risk somebody might be using it at a later time once I'm no longer a FM customer.

HEY is a new concept and I can understand why it's not ready for the mass, it is very creative with how it handles emails (and now calendar ). For this reason, I imagine myself becoming a long term customer, if only it offers a more affordable pricing scheme, although I know it will never happen because they target only niche market (IMO), unfortunately.

FYI I'm taking a closer look at Zohomail now, it feels a lot like FastMail and offers a Mail Lite plan at only $12/year allowing unlimited domains. I'm not very sure how much sscured/private Zoho compares to others, as I'm not able to find lots of feedback but with the limited search it seems the reactions are mixed bag (applies to all email providers actually lol). Right now I prefer it over FM because of how fast and smooth it's when opening emails for example (it has offline support as well which is cool!). Let's see how it goes
truemagic is offline   Reply With Quote