View Single Post
Old 4 Sep 2017, 04:25 AM   #37
Dutchie007
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmns2bseen View Post
Well I do wonder if email is becoming more and more passé. I used to frequent this forum a lot and remember all the debates about Squirrelmail vs IMP vs RoundCube vs whatever, Thunderbird vs Outlook Express vs Mulberry vs The Bat, and oooh I just HAVE to have my own domain . This forum crossed my mind though and had to check out what was happening here, and the paucity of topics would seem to indicate that indeed email ain't what it used to be. I just use Gmail and an old msn.com.address. Those two are still here after all these years, and I haven't felt that my privacy has been any more compromised by using those as opposed to some smaller service in Germany or Russia or wherever.
(Edit) It's good to see FastMail is still at it though
It is. I see more and more people NOT using email. Even in companies they use more and more whatsapp,Skype or Viber. (replace that last with LINE or Wechat in Asia).
Most people,especialy younger ones do NOT use email anymore. They still have an account...because they have an iphone or an Android cellphone..but hardly use their email account. These are my findings.

If you want to use a larger (free) email service which is NOT Google/Microsoft or Yahoo/AOL...think mail.ru/Yandex or Zoho.

D
Dutchie007 is offline   Reply With Quote