View Single Post
Old 6 Jun 2018, 07:41 AM   #3
Grhm
Essential Contributor

Hi, Jeremy.
I'm not very technically minded, but I hope this description fills in the blanks:
The phone I took the pictures on is a Nokia C2-01.
The default name that it gives to photos is "PhotoXXXX.jpg", where XXXX is a simple serial number. (So, for example, Photo2000.jpg is the two-thousandth photograph taken by the device.)
I re-named the seven photographs to give them meaningful descriptive names, using the file manager that is part of the Nokia's Symbian operating system.
(At no point had any of them had names beginning "IMG_".)
I then sent the seven re-named files from the Nokia to my Fairphone 2 by Bluetooth, and uploaded them from the Fairphone to my Fastmail account using Fastmail's web interface. (I had to do it this way because the web interface no longer works on the Nokia).
The Fairphone 2 runs the Fairphone Open operating system, which is based on the open-source elements of Android.
Only one of the seven pictures emerged from this procedure with its descriptive name.
The others all had new names beginning "IMG_".
Looking back at the copies of the files that were retained on the other devices, all seven still have their descriptive names on the Nokia, but only one does on the Fairphone: the other six have those mysterious "IMG_" names.
Any ideas what the problem is?
Thanks,
Graham.

Last edited by Grhm : 6 Jun 2018 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Added info about Fairphone 2 operating system.
Grhm is offline   Reply With Quote