View Single Post
Old 21 Oct 2021, 07:43 PM   #13
TenFour
Master of the @

Quote:
It's full of people with obsolete views, awkward jokes, and weird types. Honestly, I still don't understand why people are sitting there and promoting their products when there is Instagram.
I don't like or use Facebook personally, except very occasionally like Craigslist since FB has a marketplace that covers where I live and there is no competition. However, in my experience it is a very effective advertising channel for nonprofits and small businesses, and there are many people on there who use almost nothing else on the Internet. They don't use Instagram, or regularly go to websites, or watch YouTube. But, they do daily check for news from those they know, or use it to communicate with family and friends. I've found that when announcing an event we have to do it on FB or else we miss a significant number of people. The toxic stuff isn't even seen by lots of people who just merrily use FB as sort of a giant "party line," if you are old enough to remember when many people in rural areas were connected by phone lines that were interconnected. Pick up the telephone and you might have to wait your turn talking until someone else was finished. Everyone knew each other's business!
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote