View Single Post
Old 11 Aug 2007, 04:30 AM   #10
xmailer
Intergalactic Postmaster

I'm not positive, but I seem to recall that I used to sometimes open EML attachments in Fastmail.fm, back when I used to use that service on a more regular/frequent basis. Unfortunately, free fastmail accounts, and even membership level accounts (maybe even "full" accounts for all I can remember), have only the tiniest fraction of the storage space that Gmail has.

I also seem to at least vaguely recall that I used to sometimes open EML attachments in my Myrealbox.com accounts back when I used that service on a regular basis. Unfortunately, like Fastmail, MRB accounts are tiny by recent standards and AFAIK they aren't even accepting new registrations at the moment.

So how's that for useful information?

But for all I know almost any webmail system except Gmail may be able to open such attachments, a hypothesis which I'd be glad to test for myself if I could only think of a convenient way to send such an attachment to a few of my own addresses at various services. I'm not sure how to do that, though, as a webmail-only user myself.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by marioval View Post
It would be nice if gmail could view these messages. Anyone know of a webmail provider that can see these message types in the browser?
Since this has sort of become a "non-Gmail-specific" question, perhaps it wouldn't strictly be considered a violation of the forum rule against cross-posting to post this more general question to the "Email Help Needed" forum where more people might see it? (Or maybe the "Technical Zone" would be more appropriate, I'm not sure.)

Last edited by xmailer : 11 Aug 2007 at 04:51 AM.
xmailer is offline   Reply With Quote