View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2021, 04:05 AM   #11
xyzzy
Essential Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritTim View Post
...but (unlike in my case of the wildcard for a subdomain) there seems no solution that does not break the whole point of verification.
Speaking of breaking am I misinterpreting what is planed, i.e., even wildcard aliases are going to require verification? If so that will mean all the email addresses I've set up for various recipients (e.g., *@service.letterboxes.org) will become useless!. I depend on these with appropriately chosen alias targets (the alias's "Deliver to" setting) to automatically sort into mailboxes for the names I choose for the wildcard.

I think it was also mentioned verify won't be required for aliases I own. So if I own (using the previous example) service@letterboxes.org does that mean FM won't require verification for *@service.letterboxes.org? Currently the verify button is not on them so I assume that's as intended - at the moment. If this changes my entire setup using aliases becomes effectively useless if I have to verify them before I use them.

Just trying to understand all this. If the above is correct then I can see why *@letterboxes.org is an "edge" case so that's why the verify button is there. But as I said in a previous post I could still use it even though it was unverified but note the test I did was to my one of my own aliases.

Last edited by xyzzy : 2 Oct 2021 at 04:17 AM.
xyzzy is offline   Reply With Quote