View Single Post
Old 5 May 2016, 06:07 AM   #33
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodorkahedron View Post
My situation is very similar. I really hesitate to disable the wildcards; I'd hoped that first wave was going to be the end of it, but there are over a hundred new ones (most of which routed correctly to Spam this time, but not the few which woke me at 3:30am and caused me to check the forum to see if others were similarly affected.)

I will be very disappointed if my main domain becomes blacklisted because of this. I've had it for years and it is paid-up for quite some time into the future. It's been my main online nickname since the 90s! Blasted miscreant spammers.
While the situation is very annoying, I am curious to know why you think your domain could become blacklisted as a result of this. Domain (as opposed to server) blocklists are not intended to block regular spam. (RBLs, the IP addresses of the servers sending the spam satisfy that function.) DBLs are intended to block messages that contain links to malware. Sending a billion or two spam messages with spoofed from addresses that include your domain will not get your domain on a blocklist unless your website for the domain has been hacked and contains malware (a different issue).
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote