View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2016, 01:38 AM   #7
Kevs

Thanks all. Yes, when I did the MX on the phone with godaddy, I also added Text for (SPF/DKIM) , and it went well. So thanks for clarifying all that.

Funny, went I went to Google apps a couple of months ago, a friend who is with google said, don't even bother with imap. just use the the Google web browser only, it's great. (and he added google will be around forever)....

I tried the google browser for a week, but I hate browsers for email. Cliens are so much more fluid and friendly. Had I liked the browser, then I would never have done the full migration/ Mx nuisance over to Fastmail! That was done because of wanting to have Mail as the primary interface, and Fastmail has a better imap system.

That said, I quickly noticed that FM browser is also better than Gmails!.Though I wont use it probably hardly ever, it's nice to know. When I was learning Gmails' I did wonder about the limitation that it could not bring in my Apple Contacts. So the fact that FM can do that,(which I have not even looked into), is nice. Apple Contacts which updates on the fly in the icloud.com , can sync with the fastmail interface indefinitely on time, and consistently, like it's another device? If so let me know how to set that up, and I'll get going.
Kevs is offline   Reply With Quote