View Single Post
Old 10 May 2018, 08:00 PM   #20
adam1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenFour View Post
The average FB user is not really worried because they only share what they don't mind sharing! My wife uses it more than I do because her friends use it. They don't use it for much other than chatting amongst themselves and looking at each other's news feeds, but she ignores 90% of the garbage. Similarly, I use Twitter as my own personal news feed and I hardly ever see all the horrible stuff people are complaining about. If I don't like what someone writes I just unfollow them or block them. I only use FB to manage a business page. There are lots of people on FB who use it in a way that gives them value, even if others do not.
It gives them something, but that something comes at a very high cost (that's well hidden)--and that makes the value pretty much zero.

"what they don't mind sharing" has nothing to do with it. FB has spent billions of dollars on monetizing things about their members that even the members don't realize, because they think that "I don't share that kind of information" when in fact FB gets that information based on the member's interactions and activities.

Runbox realizes this, clearly. They made the right choice.
adam1991 is offline   Reply With Quote