View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2023, 06:34 PM   #5
hadaso
The "e" in e-mail

I use spamgourmet in lots of places that require an email address but don't require setting an account, or when I'm required to set up an account that I don't expect to use in the future, or expect to use so rarely that it's easier to setip a new account each time.
It doesn't conform to requirement #2 ("don't require different email address) as it is a forwarding service, but then I practically never have to login to spamgourmet, I get all my email in one place (though I filter the forwarded mail to a separate folder), and it's been around more than 20 years and as far as I know has no issue with inactivity (that is you sign up once and keep the account forever, whatever that means, without having to login.
I use it for payments to utilities that don't require an acount (for each payment I use a new alias that contains the date and some details about the payment). I use it on talkback forms that want an email address (again each post with a new address that records the date and the website where it was used). It has another advantage that if the address is spammed it stops accepting mail after a while, so getting spam usually doesn't require any action: you just know it will stop by itself.
hadaso is online now   Reply With Quote