Thread: Domain Mail
View Single Post
Old 18 Aug 2018, 12:28 PM   #37
BritTim
The "e" in e-mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickadee View Post
Bill and somdcomputerguy, thank you both for replying.

I want to send emails with the return address <abc@foo.net> not just from FastMail, but from several other email services, too.

Furthermore,I want to send emails with the return address <abc@foo.net> not only to Gmail, but also to other email services that require a DKIM record. Frankly, I am stumped. Therefore, if anyone in this forum could tell me the proper DKIM record I should put into the TXT Record section on my ZoneEdit settings page, I would appreciate it.
Many email services allow you to use an external SMTP server (in your case, FastMail's servers) when sending as specific addresses. For instance, Google supports this. That is the simplest solution, meaning that there are no complications with SPF and DKIM.

If sending from mail services that do not support external SMTP servers, your SPF and DKIM settings need to combine those used in the simpler case where you only send using a single email service's servers. It is beyond the scope of a forum like this to teach you how to do it. You need to find a good tutorial.
BritTim is offline   Reply With Quote