View Single Post
Old 11 Nov 2021, 09:52 AM   #4
Csin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyNicoll View Post
If you've not used it in 6 months, it doesn't seem unreasonable to me that they might suspect you've died and want to prevent someone else using it.

What's more important is whether or not they reactivated it for you, and whether mails, processing rules etc (if you had any) were still present on their servers.
When Hushmail, Fastmail. and others used to disable free accounts for 'inactivity', that was one thing. Requiring regular hand-holding, flowers and attention like some insecure girlfriend for a paid account is far different. I had that account for over a couple years, plenty of time for them to know I don't check in often, and I pay up every year at around February. Also, Paypal and my bank was regularly sending emails, so even if I was not logging in, it was obvious the account was active. You can spin doctor this all you want, but a paid account means you expect to get what you paid for, without any nonsense like Hushmail used to pull with their freebies.

As for reacvtivation, when you click 'contact' you have to sign in to do so, and with the account suspended, guess what that means? With a paid account one also expects to be able to contact the provider to, oh I don't know, demand a refund? I stand by what I said. Do not trust Tutanota with money. Stick to the free account....and remember you have to play the same game as Hushmail used to pull, free or paid....and if paid, be prepared for a rip-off.
Csin is offline   Reply With Quote