View Single Post
Old 5 Sep 2006, 03:14 AM   #55
lane
Cornerstone of the Community

MX trouble

Quote:
Originally posted by Edward Velo
... However, a problem occurs when I send emails from the Fastmail webinterface. I tried to setup a BCC in my main personality to fastmailsend@mydomain.com, and setup Tuffmail to move mails to that adres in their Sent folder (and not forwarding it to Fastmail again). This does not work unfortunately, because Fastmail doesn't want to send out emails to @mydomain.com on the Internet, because my domain is registered in their settings! (my domain is registered both a Tuffmal and at Fastmail, because of MX priority). So they end up back in my Fastmail Inbox...

Does anyone know a solution for this?

(I don't want to disable my domain at Fastmail. I could, but I want to host my A-records there for my website)
You could set up a free account at gmail, and set it to forward all received mail to Tuffmail with no local copy. Then have Fastmail set to bcc to that gmail account. One thing to watch for -- gmail will not forward messages it thinks are spam, so check it occasionally to see if it trapped a message. It will be your own message, of course, so it isn't as though you would be missing anthing.
lane is offline   Reply With Quote