View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2017, 01:02 PM   #2
n5bb
Intergalactic Postmaster

Where do you think that any accounts were being automatically converted? Where did you get that "shortly after July 31st" quote? You needed to take manual actions before July 31:
https://www.fastmail.com/help/account/member.html

Over 6 months ago (Jan 31, 2007) you should have received an email sent to all Member accounts. Here is a portion of the one I received:
Quote:
From 31st July, 2017 our 'Member' level plans will be discontinued.
To continue using your FastMail account after this time you'll need to select one of our current plans.
In recognition of being a long-time FastMail user we're offering you 50% OFF all upgrades until the end of July, which includes our already discounted multi-year subscriptions.
And if you upgrade now we'll also add all the remaining time until 31 July for free!
As an added bonus we've also given you $15 credit to put towards your subscription, which is equal to the amount you originally paid for your account.
This means if you were to upgrade to a Basic account today for one year, with the discount and account credit you are effectively getting FastMail at no charge until 31 July 2018 with a massive 2 GB of storage (up from 16 MB)!.
I think that Fastmail may have extended this offer a short time, so if you haven't taken advantage of it you need to upgrade ASAP (if you still have the choice) or contact Fastmail support. Once the account is closed all email will be permanently deleted, I believe.

Bill
n5bb is offline   Reply With Quote