View Single Post
Old 11 Mar 2020, 07:58 AM   #40
Junkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by misc View Post
Does anyone else see the irony in an email provider making these announcements over twitter?

Not all of us are on twitter, and that's quite by choice. I see they've got all of about 10k followers --- not beyond 100k for sure. Obviously, the loss of a few users would hurt. What a chance to take.

That said, if they're all running high-end hardware over there, thinking their font choice was in any way decent, they must be rolling in it! This debacle reminds me of the old question, "Has anyone ever worked with a person whose only real, marketable skill is to interview better than anyone else?" Apparently, whoever owns this tragedy was that person.

Here's another fun discovery. My android device is set so that updates are NOT installed automatically; I choose what, and when. Here I was thinking I was safe, but, lo and behold, as I went to use the fastmail app on said device, I discovered it had been updated without my authorization and despite my express wishes. They actually pushed the update through. What the heck is going on over there??

Alas, more change for change's sake. It goes to show: Many businesses can never provide the perfect product because, for the sake of self-preservation, they must always change it --- um, "improve" it --- thereby increasing the probability of screwing it up.

What a mess.
Junkle is offline   Reply With Quote