View Single Post
Old 23 Aug 2018, 09:55 AM   #5
ellentk
Essential Contributor

I just ran a few more tests. Conclusion is that a jpg can be saved as a pdf and copied to Acrobat.
I tested two small files. One was 127 KB the other 67 KB. (And the 67 KB file was the one that
started this.)

When the file I was testing came up in the fastmail app, I hit the square icon with the up pointing
arrow (what is that called?) and chose "Save as pdf" then I hit that icon again and chose "copy to
adobe acrobat." I had to hit the icon in this sequence or the choice to copy to acrobat didn't
appear, only to copy to ibooks (which is how I may have wound up with a truncated image when
I first tried to do this. I tried a lot of things quickly and don't recall the exact sequence.)

As long as I'm able to save jpgs this way, I'll settle for the workaround. The file I was trying to
save was text and didn't need to be in photos. I just needed to refer to it today when I was out.
In the future, if I want to add a jpg to iOS Photos, I'll continue using Dropbox. i actually thought
sending the file to myself as an attachment would be quicker. (Ha!) And I suppose I can get a
third party file manager app for this sort of thing.

But, is there a way to save a jpg that's emailed as an attachment to iOS Photos?
ellentk is offline   Reply With Quote