View Single Post
Old 28 Jun 2022, 05:26 AM   #5
Csin

Quote:
Originally Posted by truemagic View Post
Just curious to see what your opinion is on this.

Seeing the recent uptrend of pursuing "secured and private" email service (at least that's how I read it from various sources), and they say every major big players including Gmail too will jump on the bandwagon with "email encryption" thingy, we shall also see a shift in focus when new players in email world to offer the "basics" such as E2E encryption, starting from this year (2022) onwards.

If you're still using a non E2E capable email service, do you see yourself looking for a replacement this year or soon?

There are already a handy of such email services available including the recently rebranded ProtonMail, along with other good ones such as Tutanota, Mailfence, StartMail, CounterMail, HushMail, and not forgetting my personal favourite mailbox.org.

Optional youtube video (not my opinion of course): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNIU1vqdVIE
Gmail, Ymail, or Live.com offering secure email is like the fox offering to provide security checks for the chicken coop! I still have Protonmail. With the recent debacle of Tutanota, I probably should replace it with Lavabit, but I rarely used tutanota, so its a low priority.
Csin is offline   Reply With Quote