View Single Post
Old 29 Sep 2020, 07:02 PM   #1
samajkapoor

FastMail Personalities & Mozilla Mail...

apologies if this has already been covered, but after hours of searching I was not able to find the answer to my question.

Basically, I have setup a "Guest" account in FastMail. In the options, I was able to create "Personalities" - it provides the ability to send mail from FastMail but under a different e-mail address. I am able to do this now in Mozilla Mail as I have two POP3 accounts - when I compose a message, I can select which e-mail address I wish to send it from.

My goal is to have FastMail as my default e-mail service and have my two POP3 accounts go to FastMail. I have all this setup at the FastMail site and it is working great. But, if I am using Mozilla Mail, I am not able to select other "Personalities" as I can on the web site. I would like to be able to do this from either place as I do a lot of offline responses.

I am seeking the advice/help from other Mozilla Suite / FastMail users as I was led to believe this was possible over at the FastMail forum. But, they weren't clear how to do it. I get the impression that I am suppose to create different Profiles, but that defeats what I am trying to achieve.

If I need to use the web interface as my main e-mail client and later sync it with Mozilla Mail, that is okay. My hope is that I can use either one and have the same options as far as "Personalities" go.

I hope this all makes sense. I am on a strong medication for my back and I have found that what I type and what I think I typed are two different things. ops:

Thank you for your time and assistance - IMAP is new to me and I figure I am stuck in a POP3 mode of thinking. expressvpn black friday

Last edited by samajkapoor : 30 Sep 2020 at 11:48 PM.
samajkapoor is offline   Reply With Quote