View Single Post
Old 3 Dec 2017, 07:06 AM   #13
TenFour
Master of the @

Despite the fact that some are apparently terrified of using an email service based in their own country, that does give you many more legal rights with regard to it, including standing in court, etc. if something dire went wrong. Email based in another country--not so much. However, most of us are afraid of the wrong things for the wrong reasons, and I do believe that what we really should be afraid of is ordinary deliverability issues, security of our private email account, spam, phishing, etc. The companies that do the best in those regards get my business. I have yet to find a company that prevents spam or phishing as effectively as Gmail, and I have tried several. Using Gmail I almost never see an unsolicited email in my Inbox. Phishing and other types of malicious emails are really what you should be worried about. If you are worried about state-level actors snooping on your emails, I can't help you, and I suspect you can't expect protection anywhere if you are doing something nefarious.
TenFour is offline   Reply With Quote