View Single Post
Old 5 Aug 2017, 09:11 PM   #34
Tsunami
The "e" in e-mail

Location: in between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchie007 View Post
Dont be too sure about that.

I lived long enough in Germany so I can tell you that (normal) email traffic is being monitoired...as well as postings on Facebook or other Social media especialy Twitter. German autorities have special police units (!) who are doing this all day long...and prosecute people if things being posted which do NOT stroke with the views of the German government. There are many examples allready of people who get fines (and their accounts blocked) just for posting critical things about fe the refugees.(just to name a topic.

You are warned..!! Thats why i do NOT use any German based email service. Most of them give data away to authorities even without a Judge asking to do this..!(no joke).
If you master the German language you can find enough examples on the internet via any search engine.

Dutchie.
I speak German fluently, lived in Germany for a year, and have always experienced Germany as a haven of tolerance and diversity. I'm not saying sources claiming monitoring of email traffic are per definition making things up, I will say I would not mistrust German internet providers by any means.

If simply criticising the government is a reason to be "followed", that would be worrying. If spreading calls for violence or racist outings (for example as a reaction to the refugees policies) is a reason to be fined, then a lot of countries would be in the same situation. Freedom of speech is usually ending where spreading hatred begins.

Also, German products generally tend to be of very high quality (without saying every single German email provider is good per definition...)
Tsunami is offline   Reply With Quote