View Single Post
Old 4 Jul 2016, 08:40 PM   #33
ioneja
Cornerstone of the Community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl66 View Post
Geir, the problem is that we are tired to wait years and then read that it's "almost finished", then that we can't use it yet, and many other explanations and words BUT after 1 year more or many months more we are in the same situation, and the result after all this time is: nothing!.
So, we only read from RB some more words but not facts, and we lose our hope and faith in these words, while we see that many email companies (or even only 1 guy creating an email service) finish 2FA in only some months.
Yes, I know, you are doing more efforts to get it work with pop/imap, etc... but maybe you should offer 2FA first to webmail users, then to pop/imap users, etc... those will be facts and will gain our faith and hope again.
Until then, we see nothing yet and we lose our hope in RB.

And since it was almost finished: + 3 months now.
+1 agree completely. This was delayed excessively IMO when it could have been rolled out in stages to different services. And to reply in advance to Geir before he suggests that they wanted to implement a comprehensive 2FA service (which I admire the ambition), he should be aware that there are tons of people who exclusively use webmail, for example, so it would have been perfectly useful just for that service first.

However, I do congratulate them that they're almost done, and it will be a good thing once finalized. And while I'm critical of how RB has been doing this, I also want to support them because otherwise solid, independent, privacy-oriented email services with a good track record are few and far between. We need RB to succeed, but they are very, very slow to implement new features.
ioneja is offline   Reply With Quote