View Single Post
Old 2 Jan 2018, 04:44 PM   #1
Mr David

Legacy Full account

In mid-December 2017 I had a feeling my FM subscription was due for renewal so I checked the Billing and Plan section of my FM email account. I discovered my account is due for renewal in early Feb 2018. And there was the small surprise in my account being credited $15.

My requirements for email are quite modest and over a number of years (it's been 15y already, well I never!) the service level of the Full account has served me well. The deal I currently receive is good value, and there is sufficient storage for email messages and files, not to mention the quality of the backend stuff I don't have to think about that the wizards at FM provide in making and providing this wonderful service. It was a little bit disappointing when Calendar support to devices and services outside my FM account was withdrawn from Full accounts, but it wasn't the end of the world.

I read on this forum that the Member account level created long ago has been discontinued, and I presume the $15 credit to my account is a payment to mollify subscribers aggrieved by its disappearance. This action led me to wonder if the legacy Full subscription level was being grandfathered for imminent closure, and if I should consider changing to the currently offered Basic service level.

Is the Full subscription level headed for the chopping block?

Regarding the Basic service, I note on FM's pricing page that payment is either $3 a month or $30 a year. The Full service offered substantial discounts if multiple years are paid in advance.

Is there any additional discount of this type for the Basic service?
Mr David is offline   Reply With Quote