View Single Post
Old 31 Jul 2003, 03:42 PM   #172
jgoldberg

Here's what I just mailed to the FM webmaster
address:

I've been using network email since 1979. I've been involved in email administration since 1986. Several years ago (before fastmail) I had the misfortune of having to evaluate webmail systems. I was convinced that I would never use a webmail system, and would only recommend them very reluctantly.

When I first started hearing about fastmail and some of its design principles, I thought that the FM people knew what they were doing. Where everyone else made serious system design flaws, it sounded like FM was making all the right decisions. Fully supporting all the functionallity of IMAP was the first of many exciting things. (It still boggles my mind that systems use POP instead of IMAP).

I only recently started looking at fastmail.fm seriously. It is fantastic. It does everything simply and straight-forwardly, but still has features for "power users" that you could only get if you operated your own mail system.

Communicating with support people who actually know and care about email is a wonderful change from the scores of ISPs and hosting services I've dealt with over the years.

Cheers
jgoldberg@fastmail.fm
jgoldberg is offline   Reply With Quote