View Single Post
Old 3 Jun 2022, 08:11 PM   #7
Juc1

@emoore thanks for your help...
Quote:
Originally Posted by emoore View Post

When the remote and local folders synch the local folder is made to mirror the contents of the remote folder. Their contents are not merged. Any messages in the local folder that don't exist in the remote folder are quietly physically removed..
Yes this was my mistake - I was hoping that remote and local emails would merge but in fact when I synced by updating the local password, the local emails were deleted.

Quote:

So I'm confused how you can have messages A B C in google webmail and messages D E F in the Thunderbird IMAP account, for the same folder if you are working in online mode (the default mode). My first reaction would be either that you copied a mbox file to the IMAP account and haven't synched the local and remote folders yet due to using the wrong password,
I have a local copy of the deleted emails and yes the reason that local and remote are out of sync is that the local password is intentionally wrong because I know that as soon as I correct the local password the local emails that I want to restore will be deleted in the sync.

So my question is how do I restore the local emails to the remote account?
Juc1 is offline   Reply With Quote