View Single Post
Old 30 Sep 2002, 01:20 PM   #19
esTester
Cornerstone of the Community

I am going to have to agree with most of fb19's arguement here. I have not been to this forum in a long time, but I visit from time to time without posting. This thread was the reason for my visit today and I feel a need to comment on it.

I understand that this is an idea for Edwin to make money, but I think this is not the best way to do it. If you are going to post ads that you are paid to post, at least let users review them and post about them or even give a non bias review yourself. If you can do that at least users will be warned.

Remember, Boxfrog? You ran tons of ads for them here. When they were reported as spammers, you stopped running that ads. That shows you care or cared then about what you advertise. I don't know about some of these servcies posted, but the truth should be known, good or bad. Users commenting or posting reviews is a great way to accomplish this.

It is pretty oubvious that this forum is far from a democracy at this point. I know some forums that are and they are great, though I will not mention any names here. It is clear this forum is not one and that idea is accepted, but at least let users talk about some of these services. Let the community have a say. If there is a new EMD user that sees the ads, they might just assume that these are good proven servcies and sign up for one. That wouldn't be good. If the service is bad, they could come black and blame EMD for referring them. That probably wouldn't happen, but you get what I am saying. Why have EMD's name associated with a bad service and the only way to find out about the services is to have users comment. At least that is the only way to get a general result. If you do an experiment once in science, you won't get the same result you will get if you do it over 20 times, most likely.

I am just posting my feedback on this idea, which you asked for.
esTester is offline   Reply With Quote